Software Engineering Manager
Great new fulltime position open for rapidly growing company!
We are searching for a talented Software Engineering Manager capable of leading, building, and managing a software engineering team.
Only local candidates in the greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area are being considered at this time.
- Develop strategic plans and implement data architecture to maximize scalability, connectivity, robustness, and forward compatibility of processing platforms
- Design and build asynchronous and fault-tolerant processing capabilities
- Link internal and external web services to back-end data sources
- Coach the engineers working to deliver technical features using AGILE methodologies
- Facilitate cross-functional, decision-making
- Contribute to the advancement of the software organization by driving ideas for process improvement in project planning, project management and the overall product development process
- Provide input for setting team member’s performance objectives and provide feedback to direct reports about performance against project deliverables and core competencies
- Engage with Product and Business Leads to understand the requirements and priorities to drive a delivery schedule for adding features to meet business and customer needs
- Recruit, develop, and motivate multiple high performing teams of engineers
- Reduce costs of computing by tracking and analyzing cloud computing usage and implementing appropriate changes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related scientific or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience; Master's degree preferred.
- >2 years leading, building, and managing a software engineering team
- >7 years of professional experience in software development
- Experience leading remote teams
- Proven experience applying software design concepts and software application lifecycle management, including management of technical debt
- Solid experience with agile software development methodologies
- Ability to lead and direct others in a technical environment, and collaboratively work with members across multiple disciplines
- Strong business acumen in addition to project management and technical skills
"NICE TO HAVE" BUT NOT REQUIRED
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Workflow and data pipeline design
- Workflow frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, Argo, Snakemake, and Nextflow
- High-performance Python
- LUSTRE or similar optimized file system