Great new fulltime position open for growing company in the Concord, NH area!
***Local candidates are being considered at this time. No relocation assistance is being offered so any candidates that currently reside outside of this area would need to relocate at their own expense.***
The main objective for this new hire is to improve efficiencies and eliminate waste in the manufacturing plant.
- Conducttime studies, define manufacturing costs, and develop/implement/maintain work standards and manufacturing documentation (Operational Method Sheets, routings, etc.).
- Lead the identification, scoping, and execution of projects to reduce product manufacturing costs, in collaboration with supervisors, factory managers, engineers, and other associates.
- Actively advocatebehavior-based safetyin all aspects of plant operations, adhere to company and site-specific safety policies, practices, and programs.
- Initiate efforts to improve workplace ergonomics.
- Initiate, lead, participate, and provide training(problem solving, work flexing, etc.) required to effectively complete improvement efforts.
- Partner with factory managers to sustain improvements.
- Participate in Operating System activities that include daily communication meetings, department performance monitoring and problem solving.
- Actively participate on New Product Development teams. Provide input to ensure that proposed designs are realistic and feasible within a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Communicate challenges of current manufacturing processes and drive efforts to incorporate design for manufacturability and assembly concepts.
- Recommend capital equipment additionsand develop appropriate justifications. Effectively manage the implementation and commissioning of such additions.
- Review errors and rework to determine root causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships with individuals in all organizational levels, both internally and externally to the plant.
- Travel is estimated at less than 10%.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to influence attitudes and behaviors.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, solve technical problems, lead projects, and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution of projects including the ability to identify and act upon potential improvements.
- Continuous Improvement Tools (Value Stream Mapping, One Piece Flow, Problem Solving Tools, Setup Reduction, Lean Management, Visual Controls, etc.)
- Six Sigma and/or project management experience
- MS Project
Our client will only employ candidates who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. Candidates with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, B, L, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.