Pittsburgh , PA
software/EE testing, python, labview, teststand
March 6, 2023
Software/Electrical/Test Engineer (Onsite)
We are looking for a Software or Electrical Engineer to join a dynamic Test Engineering team! This position reports to the Manager of NPD Industrialization. Primary responsibilities include software development for complex circuit board and product test systems within the new product development (NPD) process.
- Gather test requirements during the early NPD life cycle.
- Drive the NPD team during early development to ensure design for test (DFT) and design for manufacturing (DFM) principles are achieved.
- Write and submit project justifications to acquire capital funding to support and manage projects.
- Write software solutions in LabVIEW, TestSTAND and Python to drive a platform test system for printed circuit boards and assembled product.
- Collaboratively work as a team with other Test Engineers to build new and robust systems for all NPD efforts.
- Debug and deploy newly developed systems into a production environment.
- Train operators and sustaining engineering on operation and support of new equipment.
- Proven project management experience within an operations related field
- Ability to build strong relationships in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead the project team to develop great, innovative, high quality products that exceed customer expectations with a sense of urgency for completion
- Proven ability and experience with project management tools such as MS Project, WBS, FMEA, Risk Analysis, Planisware, and SAP for budget tracking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including formal presentation skills and ability to translate technical and non-technical communications based on audience understanding
- Solid organizational, multi-tasking and team building skills
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 15%
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline, preferably from an ABET accredited program.